1st Asia Pacific Conference on Dyslexia and Other Learning Disabilities 2013 (APCoLD 2013): Research Linking Classroom Management
Date : 24 June to 27 June 2013
Venue : Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK), Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
THEMES FOR THE CONFERENCE
1. Policies in Health and Education
2. Screening, Assessment and Diagnosis
3. Remedial and Intervention
4. Social-Emotional Dimensions and Creativity
5. ICT and Technological Innovations
ABSTRACT(S) SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Scientific Committee invites abstracts of original submission for oral and poster presentations.
Please submit your abstract(s) to: email@example.com
1. All abstracts must be submitted through online submission or email.
2. Submission opens on 30 November 2012.
3. Abstract(s) must be submitted according to the instructions below and be received by 31 May 2013.
4. Acknowledgement of receipt of abstract(s) will be made by email to the presenting authors.
5. Guidelines for the preparation of full texts will be included with the notification of acceptance.
6. The final selection for either oral or poster presentation will be the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
7. No abstract will be considered after the closing deadline.
1. Abstract(s) must be typed in English on the Abstract Submission Form.
2. Title: Use a concise title that reflects abstract content. Capitalise the first letter of all words except prepositions, conjunctions and articles. Do not use acronyms, abbreviations and initials in a title.
3. Font: All abstract(s) must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 point with single spacing and must fit within the box.
4. Text length (not including title and author information) must be between 200 words to 300 words.
5. The purpose of the study, methodology, results and conclusion should be clearly stated.
6. References should be avoided.
7. Abbreviations should be used only for common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word.
8. Do not use tables or graphics in the abstracts. All data must be in narrative form.
9. No limit is imposed on the number of abstracts submitted by individuals.
REVIEW, ACCEPTANCE & NOTIFICATION
1. The Scientific Committee will review all abstract submissions. Evaluation by the Committee will be based on quality, clarity and relevance of our audience, as well as the significance of the material. Authors will be notified of their abstract(s) need to be edited for resubmission.
2. Presenting authors of accepted abstracts for Poster and Oral Presentations will receive notification via email of abstracts’ acceptance by 10 June 2013.
3. Submission of full text articles by 24 June 2013.
4. Submission of full text articles therefore constitutes the authors’ consent to have the abstracts and full text articles published in the program booklet, website and proceedings. Abstracts may also be edited for publication.
5. Presenting authors will be informed via email the details of presentation (including date, time and venue) by 15 May 2013.
1. Authors of poster presentations are provided with an approximately 95cm or 3’ (wide) x 200cm or 4’ (high) poster board to display the posters.
2. Exact poster specifications and sessions will be included in the acknowledgment of receipt of full text articles.
3. Poster presenters are requested to stand-by their posters during the poster sessions and also to take note of the set-up and take-down schedules.
4. Poster presenters should use Velcro tape to fix the poster onto the poster board. The tape will be available at the Information Desk.
5. Please note that the Organiser will not be liable for any damage or loss to the posters.
6. A Book Prize and certificate will be awarded to three (3) best posters from students.
7. Poster submission do not require full papers.
- Each session will be 20 minutes including 5 minutes for Q&A.
- All equipments and notebook will be provided.
Submission of abstract(s) for oral or poster presentations indicates that the authors understand and accept the following declaration and conditions:
- I understand and accept that authors should acknowledge any conflicts of interest and/or source of funding in the presentation.
- I declare that the information I have submitted herein is correct and accurate.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
31 May 2013
Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts
10 June 2013
Deadline for Submission of Full Text Article
(Only selected articles will be published in the proceeding)
24 June 2013
Contact for further information: